In the case of my Fedora 8 install, I put in the line "-I/usr/include/libgeotiff" to get rid of the same message.

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO

Tom Russo wrote:
On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 11:43:20AM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of
the <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> flavor, containing:
When I build xastir-1.9.3-2008-* on Ubuntu 8.03 the build fails because it
cannot find the includes for geotiff.

- ./configure reports that it will use geotiff

- The compile fails because xtiffio.h and geo_normalize.h cannot be found

- If I edit src/Makefile and insert the appropriate includes (i.e., -I) xastir
  builds without error.

- If I try the correct procedure (as indicated ./configure help info)

   export CPPFLAGS=/usr/include/geotiff

That's not the correct procedure.

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/geotiff" is the correct thing.

Using what you tried would force invalid arguments into the compilation
command line, and result in the error you see.

   ./configure --without-ax25 --with-geotiff --without-festival

  ./configure fails very early with the error "configure: error: C compiler
  cannot create executables"

Is there a better way to tell ./configure the location of the includes?

Thanks,

Dick