On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 11:39:56PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron
collision of the <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> flavor, containing:
> I love Xastir...
>
> But...  I need room on my laptop for files related to my college classes.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 8.04-LTS as my OS.
>
> Can someone post what the "UN" install commands would be?  Both here and to
> the Wiki would be great.
>
> I can get rid of the maps files and directories, but getting the program to
> UNinstall is a bit more complex.
>
> Wiping the drive and starting over is not an option.

Wiping the drive is never a reasonable option except to replace Windows
with Linux.

Did you install from source or via the Ubuntu repositories?

If you installed from source, go into the directory where you built the code
and type "sudo make uninstall".  If you don't have that directory anymore,
then pull down a new copy, configure it and "sudo make uninstall".  That
should do it.

If you installed from the Ubuntu repositories with synaptic, then use
synaptic again and choose "Mark for removal" and then "apply"

 "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours."  -- R. Bach