On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, David Aitcheson wrote:

Ok, here is the results of my uninstall evolution interwoven
below...

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 2:46 AM, David Aitcheson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Tom Russo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If you installed from source, go into the directory where you
built the code and type "sudo make uninstall".  If you don't
have that directory anymore, then pull down a new copy,
configure it and "sudo make uninstall".  That should do it.

After some pondering I chose to do the "sudo make uninstall" and
see what got missed.

Of course what was in my /home directory was expected to be
missed.

Also missed was:

/usr/local/lib/xastir and the contained fcc-get files

/usr/local/share/xastir and some files within

/usr/local/share/doc/xastir and some files within

/etc/ld.so.conf.d/xastir* files

Which is not to bad to have to chase down and clean up.

There you have it, some feed back for the maintainer of the
makefile and for the wiki.

This was all very interesting to me as I've _never_ done a "make
uninstall" that I can recall.  It didn't even cross my mind that our
Makefiles were set up for it.  Kind'a funny.

Tom:  Should we spend some time to try to clear up the uninstall
stuff and document it on the Wiki and the text docs?  Since it's not
used much, I could go either way on it.  It might be good to
document the manual uninstall at least.

--
Curt, WE7U.                             archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer