Running back to the desire for DAO packets..... I am assuming that with standard APRS packets having 2 decimal places and DAO having 3 decimal places that I will be locating a particular GPS receiver to an area that is an order of magnitude more precise. I am probably not saying this correctly, but with the standard APRS packet, I have an area of uncertainty of about 20' x 40' ( in northern Wisconsin, US ( N45,W92)). By moving to a DAO packet, I will have an area of uncertainty of about 2' x 4'.

If I have a bunch of GPS receivers of the same type, can I assume that the relative location is pretty good, even if the absolute location may be off a bit? I am really primarily interested in relative positioning.

Since Xastir is really just plotting the data it receives, I am going to post this query on the APRS group as well, but I wanted to be sure to catch Gerry <grin>...........

Many thanks, all................... jt

--
Jim Tolbert
RiverRidge Consulting, LLC