On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

Is there any program anyone knows of that would report the color of a given
pixel as text output?  I could pipe the output of a batch to a text file and
then parse it for the color I'm looking for.  For example, if the pixel
color at X,Y is black, I'm fine, if it's cyan, I need to look at that image.

How about something like ImageMagick's "stream" program?  It has an
"-extract geometry" function you might be able to use to snag just
the pixel(s) of interest.

GM has the -crop flag to crop the image down to just the pixel(s) of
interest .

Depending on whether all of your images you're processing use the
same colordepth and file representation, you may then be able to
use a simple script or program to check for the color yourself.  If
they have varying formats/color depths, then it gets more
complicated to extract the color.

--
Curt, WE7U.                             archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer