From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Curt, WE7U
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 9:32 PM
To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion
Subject: RE: [Xastir] Digipeating question.

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Rob Compton wrote:

I'll assume then (wrongly probably!), that in that line I can have:

RELAY_DIGIPEAT_CALLS:WIDE2-2,WIDE2-1,WIDE1-1,RELAY,etc....

I expect you _could_ have all that, but we may not do the proper
decrementing for WIDE2-2.  The others you list are all RELAY-type
callsigns, so it should just substitute it's own callsign in there
and you're done with that slot.

I have considered running the AX25 kernel modules, and doing that way, in
fact, dropping the KISS TNC and using a SCC card like a DRSI, or PAC-COMM
PC120 (which I have a few of).

Why get rid of the KISS TNC?  It'll work with the AX.25 driver just
fine.

Also a computer soundcard with "soundmodem" driver works although
there's more messing with sound levels and with interfacing.  You
can also configure "soundmodem" to present to the system as a KISS
TNC, so you can then talk to it with Xastir's "Serial KISS TNC"
interface.  All kinds of options.

Rob,

I run a "big" system here with xastir, fbb and fpacnode - 8 radio ports using both Baycom USCC and KISS TNC's. If you need kernel ax25 assistance feel free to contact me off-list.

Ray vk2tv
[EMAIL PROTECTED]