From: Steve/WM5Z <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Xastir] Correct command?
To: "Xastir - APRS client software discussion" <xastir@xastir.org>
Date: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 10:58 AM
In "README.maps" in the area discussing GNIS
files, you talk about filtering the POP_PLACES.gnis file to strip the smaller communities. You give the instruction as;

        awk -F\| '{if ($17 > 1000) print
$0}' \
            /usr/local/share/xastir/GNIS/0pop_places.gnis
\
/usr/local/share/xastir/GNIS/0pop_places_over_1k.gnis
which I am assuming is to be entered as one line. My
problem is, when I cut and paste the command I can't figure out am I supposed to have all the spaces between each line? If not, do I splice "\/" or is there a space in there. Also is the > in the third line supposed
to be there?

I have tried and tried, but can't get the command to
work. It will make the file 0pop... but it is empty.

I want to make a couple of files. One filtering out the
less than 1000 and one to make a file for less than 10,000.

Steve/WM5Z

OK, that works. But now they quit showing up above a zoom level of about 1000. Where do I change that at?

Steve/WM5Z