Hello,

I have a brand new Xastir virtual machine built on Xubuntu 8.10.  The
online tiger maps look good.  I'm looking for some test maps to try
out.  I can try some shapefiles posted at TAMU but would also like to
try other types such as JPG's, PNG's or GIF's with their associated
geo files and any other formats that you may suggest.  Xastir is
compiled with everything except Festival and GDAL (same as the
previous pre-built VM's).   Feel free to email me a map or send me a
link to download one, and I would be happy to post screen shots of
what they look like in the new VM.

Having seen some messages implying there are issues with Ubuntu 8.10
and Xastir, I thought it would be worthwhile to do some broader
testing on the VM.

Thanks,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX