readme.md is fine. It's more the other files that don't need to be included.

regards,
Martijn Kaijser
XBMC Foundation
Team-Kodi

License and development:
Kodi® is a registered trademark of the XBMC Foundation. For further details
you can visit http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy
The code is fully Open-Source and released under the GPLv2.0+ license and
can be found at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc. It includes many third-party
libraries which use compatible licenses. Due to the inclusion of some
GPLv3.0 libraries the entire application becomes GPLv3.0 as binary.