On 19/09/12 23:35, Lissa Valletta wrote:
> I need you to run lsdef <nodename> on the Management node  for the
>  <nodename>  where you are having problems.  Your mypostscript  shows it
> was only asked to run the syslog postscript.

root@xcat2-c:~# lsdef p7n14-c
Object name: p7n14-c
    arch=ppc64
    cons=hmc
    currchain=boot
    currstate=boot
    groups=lpar,all,fen
    hcp=hmc02-c
    hwtype=lpar
    id=7
    installnic=eth0
    kcmdline=autoyast=http://192.168.14.116/install/autoinst/p7n14-c
install=http://192.168.14.116/install/sles11.1/ppc64/1 netdevice=eth0
dhcptimeout=500
    kernel=xcat/sles11.1/ppc64/inst64
    mac=f2:47:42:3a:76:02
    mgt=hmc
    monserver=192.168.14.116
    netboot=yaboot
    nfsserver=192.168.14.116
    nodetype=lpar
    os=sles11.1
    parent=fen_06B7ACP
    postbootscripts=otherpkgs,IBMhpc.postbootscript

postscripts=syslog,remoteshell,syncfiles,setupntp,basic_setup,IBMhpc.postscript,ge.create.fen,usrlocalpower7,credential
    pprofile=normal
    primarynic=eth0
    profile=p7-compute
    provmethod=install
    status=booting
    statustime=07-26-2012 15:38:57
    tftpserver=192.168.14.116
    xcatmaster=192.168.14.116

> The other thing you can check in that mypostscript, is the address for
> MASTER=192.168.14.116  an address the node is going to be able to
> contact the  Management node by during the install.   Is domain correct
> DOMAIN='canterbury.ac.nz'.

All correct.

> Can you run updatenode <nodename>  -V -P   and have it run the
> postscripts successfully after the install?

This command does run successfully after install (although I don't
remember ever running it in verbose mode).

Francois