From:   matthias.m...@arz.at
Date:   2012-11-13 17:36
Subject:        Re: [xcat-user] allow rcons from servicenode

Hi

Sorry for my late reply. Yes, i mean run the "rcons" command on the
service nodes.
The problem i'm trying to solve is that certain users only have access to
the servicenode and i would like them to be able to use rpower and rcons
from the servicenode. Is this possible somehow or completely against
xcat's design :)

Best Regards

Matthias Merk

Guang Cheng Li <ligua...@cn.ibm.com> schrieb am 09.11.2012 03:10:48:

> Von: Guang Cheng Li <ligua...@cn.ibm.com>
> Datum: 09.11.2012 03:12
> Betreff: Re: [xcat-user] allow rcons from servicenode
>
> HI,
>
> When you said "get rcons working from servicenodes", do you mean run
> the "rcons" command on the service nodes? It is not recommended to
> run xCAT commands directly on service nodes. If you set up the
> conserver and servicenode attribute correctly, when you run
> makeconsercf, it will generate conserver.cf on both MN and SN, but
> on the MN, the conserver.cf has "master <conserver>" for each node,
> it means when you run rcons on the management node, it will simply
> connect the conserver on the service nodes, it will not bring in too
> much workload for the management node, all the real work will be
> done on the service nodes anyway. Does this work for you?
>

> Thanks,

> Li,Guang Cheng (李光成)
> IBM China System Technology Laboratory
> Email: ligua...@cn.ibm.com
> Address: Building 28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
>          No.8, Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing 100193,
PRC

Disclaimer:
Diese Nachricht dient ausschließlich zu Informationszwecken und ist nur
für den Gebrauch des angesprochenen Adressaten bestimmt.

This message is only for informational purposes and is intended solely for
the use of the addressee.

<<inline: graycol.gif>>