What is ls -ld /var/named output?

From:   Russell Jones <russ...@jonesmail.me>
To:     xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net,
Date:   11/21/2012 11:14 AM
Subject:        Re: [xcat-user] 'makedns -n' without any records in zone file

Interesting, I am actually seeing the same thing in my mini 2.7.3 test
cluster. Never noticed that before since the hosts file is getting written
out on the management node properly.

I know Bind can write to /var/named fine, because if I delete the db file
and re-run makedns, it makes the db file - but it only contains the mgmt
node, not my one compute node record (even though the output shows
"Handling cn1". The hosts table contains the cn1 record, and it writes that
record to /etc/hosts as expected.

Restarting Bind does not write the cn1 record into the db file. This is on
CentOS 6.