From:   Linda Mellor/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS
Date:   08/19/2013 02:57 PM
Subject:        Re: [xcat-user] New nodes not deploying

One reason running with XCATBYPASS turned on and bypassing the xcatd daemon
might work, when running in the supported mode through the daemon does not,
is that nodeset might be failing to communicate to service nodes on your
cluster.  Do you have any service nodes defined at all (even if they are
not related to the good/bad nodes)?  To check, see if either of these 2
commands show any output:
      tabdump servicenode

      lsdef -t node -i servicenode -c | xcoll

If either one does show a defined servicenode, nodeset may try to be
sending commands to that server and failing as part of that.  If XCATBYPASS
is set, those hierarchical calls would not be run and would therefore allow
the cmd to succeed.

Linda

Inactive hide details for Lissa Valletta---08/19/2013 07:09:32
AM---XCATBYPASS means you are not running with xcatd.   If the pLissa
Valletta---08/19/2013 07:09:32 AM---XCATBYPASS means you are not running
with xcatd.   If the problem is running with xcatd,  I would li