From:   Russell Jones <russell-l...@jonesmail.me>
To:     xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Date:   02/25/2014 12:13 AM
Subject:        [xcat-user] Restarting xcatd insanely slow with DHCP lease
            generation

Hi all,

We are noticing that with a service node that is responsible for around
5000 nodes, restarting xcatd takes over an hour and a half due to how
long it takes to generate the dhcp.leases file. This appears to be tied
to how slow omapi is.  In xCAT 2.3, it only took about 20 minutes to
restart xcatd / regenerate the leases file.

Is there a way of going back to the old method of handling DHCP leases,
or a way of significantly speeding this up?

<<inline: graycol.gif>>