Hi all,

I have a strange issue with a CentOS 5 compute node that is in a
reinstall loop. I've checked the usual things, such as DNS forward and
reverse resolution, network configuration, etc, and the node should have
no problem talking to it's servicenode/xcatmaster.

I've forced the node to boot after an install and am trying to replicate
running './updateflag.awk $MASTER 3002 "installstatus booted"' manually
to see if it will flip itself over to boot per docs and other mailing
list posts I've read. The xcat.log file on the node shows:

xcat: ready
xcat: done

.... everytime I do that, however it still doesn't flip itself over to
boot when I check "nodeset $node stat" on the xcatmaster. Neither the
service node nor management node are logging anything when I do that.

Any ideas on how I can dive further into this and see what's going
wrong? Is there a better test to manually replicate the node telling
it's master that it is done installing?

Thanks!