From:   Jarrod Johnson <jjohns...@lenovo.com>
Date:   2015/01/07 22:20
Subject:        Re: [xcat-user] Moving xCAT from sourceforge to github?

I personally like having a setup where we can set up gitlab and other
things we may like (e.g. some strongly recommend redmine for issue
tracking, and it can be integrated meaningfully with gitlab).

It may also make sense to use github for code management and our own server
for other things.  The mention of being approachable to other developers I
think recommends github moreso than an independent gitlab (the latter
requiring yet-another-account for potential developers).  In which case,
segregating the binary archives from the patches and scripts in xcat-dep,
leaving the binaries in plain file hosting and only having the code-type
content in xcat-dep would make it fit nicely within whatever parameters.

Probably the biggest gap would be having some CDN setup for file downloads.
That said sourceforge's failures as of late has largely negated this
benefit.  It would be nice if IBM SoftLayer capacity would alleviate it.  I
have noted that xCAT gets downloaded from softlayers mirror pretty
frequently anyway from their use by sourceforge.

 Jarrod Johnson                    Description: scsig

 Systems Management Architect

 Lenovo

 www.lenovo.com

 Forums | Blogs | Twitter |