yes, I also guess the DHCP might be the root cause. For discovery, we expect the node get the lease from the dynamic ip range like:

[root@c910f03c05k21 /]# cat /tftpboot/xcat/xnba/nets/10.0.0.0_8
#!gpxe
imgfetch -n kernel http://${next-server}:80/tftpboot/xcat/genesis.kernel.x86_64 quiet xcatd=10.3.5.21:3001  BOOTIF=01-${netX/machyp}
imgfetch -n nbfs http://${next-server}:80/tftpboot/xcat/genesis.fs.x86_64.gz
imgload kernel
imgexec kernel
[root@c910f03c05k21 /]# cat /tftpboot/xcat/xnba/nets/10.0.0.0_8.elilo
default="xCAT Genesis (10.3.5.21)"
   delay=5
   image=/tftpboot/xcat/genesis.kernel.x86_64
   label="xCAT Genesis (10.3.5.21)"
   initrd=/tftpboot/xcat/genesis.fs.x86_64.gz
   append="quiet xcatd=10.3.5.21:3001 destiny=discover  BOOTIF=%B"
[root@c910f03c05k21 /]# cat /tftpboot/xcat/xnba/nets/10.0.0.0_8.uefi
#!gpxe
chain http://${next-server}:80/tftpboot/xcat/elilo-x64.efi -C /tftpboot/xcat/xnba/nets/10.0.0.0_8.elilo

 if everything is ok, `destiny=discover`  will be passed to `doxcat` script inside genesis, you have no chance to see messages like:
xcat.genesis.doxcat: Running getdestiny --> 172.30.18.6:3001
xcat.genesis.doxcat: Received destiny=
xcat.genesis.doxcat: The destiny=, destiny parameters=
xcat.genesis.doxcat: Unrecognized directive (dest=)
xcat.genesis.doxcat: ... Will retry xCAT in 40 seconds
xcat.genesis.doxcat: ... Will retry xCAT in 30 seconds

So please check whether there is a lease for the MAC address of the node, if yes, please remove it.

YANG Song (杨嵩)
IBM China System Technology Laboratory
Tel: 86-10-82452903
Email: yang...@cn.ibm.com
Address: Building 28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
No.8, Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing 100193, PRC

北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园28号楼
邮编: 100193