On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 8:21 AM Jarrod Johnson <jjohns...@lenovo.com> wrote:
> -Someone to take over the xCAT 2.x codebase as-is, adding some missing stuff
> like Ubuntu 20+ support, RHEL9, etc.  I don't know that anyone has
> volunteered to go all in on all that exactly yet.

I would love to see this happening.

This is obviously not a one-person endeavor, but a team of volunteers
could probably take over the project, look at existing issues and PRs,
merge what's already there and try to fix remaining problems, add
support for new distributions and provide general support on a best
effort basis.

This presupposes IBM being willing to transfer ownership of the GitHub
organization, CI pipeline, RPM mirrors, etc. But that seems to be the
best option to keep the xCAT project alive, or at least, more
realistically, maintain what's been the state of things for the last
couple years.

Cheers,
--
Kilian