First of all, thanks a lot for the extensive and quick answer :)

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Konstantin Priblouda <kpriblo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> There is some development, and I pushed release 2.0.7 last week.

Indeed, I've seen in the subversion link (and only there) that the latest
version is 2.0.7. My problem was, there is no roadmap or timeline of the
project on the webpage so I couldn't know if version 2.0.7 was released last
week or 2 years ago. Even the JIRA of the XDoclet2 project lists as latest
release version 1.0.5... again without a release date, but I opened by chance
one of the fixed issues and it said last modify date August 08.

> > - (given also the above) does it make sense to migrate to
> > it or rather drop XDoclet completely?
> It depends on what features you are using.
> HIbernate / Web / Struts 2 ( XWork actually ) plugins are
> in pretty good shape.

I'm using EJB2, ValueObjects and Struts 1 :) it's an outdated project I just
jumped in so there are many corners needing work. Can I (more or less) safely
use XDoclet2 for these 3 features?

> > - is XDoclet2 using same tags as XDoclet? Any written thing
> > about migration?
> Basically yes,  but tags are better now. They are
> formally defined ans self-checking.  But XD1 stopped
> development years ago,  so tags
> used by XD2 plugins have evolved.

Some migration work was expected, but I thought there would be around some
information about this migration...

> > - am I missing something from the XDoclet2 SVN repository?
> Complete repository (several of them)  ;)

Ok, then how do I get to the rest? As I said, checking out the link on the
webpage (http://svn.codehaus.org/xdoclet/tags/maven2-xdoclet2-plugin-2.0.7)
left me only with a handful files. Or I could also skip that, as long I have
the binary distribution... anyway.

> > - what happened with the ValueObject generation, it
> > disappeared without a word somewhere between 1.2beta2 and
> > 1.2.3 releases of XDoclet

Any comment on the ValueObject module? It's still missing in the 1.0.4 binary
release of XDocletPlugins...

> Well,  there is now xdoclet, and xdoclet plugins in separate
> projects.
> Build / Distribution is done with maven 2, there is also m2
> plugin so you
> do not have to download anything if you use it.
>
> Complete binary distribution was uploaded to
> xdoclet-plugins project on sourceforge:
> http://www.sf.net/xdoclet-plugins/

The link gave me 404 - page not found... but a search on sourceforge got me the
right link http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdoclet-plugins/

Once again thanks for the information. I only wish I could have read this info
on the project's web page... is there a way one could write it down there? I
can upload it myself if time is the problem - just let me know if it's fine
with everybody.

Cheers,