Hi, Rahul!

On 10/20/20 6:25 PM, Rahul Singh wrote:
> Add support for ARM architected SMMUv3 implementations. It is based on
> the Linux SMMUv3 driver.
>
> Major differences between the Linux driver are as follows:
> 1. Only Stage-2 translation is supported as compared to the Linux driver
>     that supports both Stage-1 and Stage-2 translations.

First of all thank you for the efforts!

I tried the patch with QEMU and would like to know if my understanding correct

that this combination will not work as of now:

(XEN) SMMUv3: /smmuv3@9050000: SMMUv3: DT value = eventq
(XEN) Data Abort Trap. Syndrome=0x1940010
(XEN) Walking Hypervisor VA 0x40031000 on CPU0 via TTBR 0x00000000b8469000
(XEN) 0TH[0x0] = 0x00000000b8468f7f

[snip]

If this is expected then is there any plan to make QEMU work as well?

I see [1] says that "Only stage 1 and AArch64 PTW are supported." on QEMU side.

We are interested in QEMU/SMMUv3 as a flexible platform for PCI passthrough

implementation, so it could allow testing different setups and configurations
with QEMU.

Thank you in advance,

Oleksandr

[1]