On Aug 8, 2006, at 6:42 PM, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

I remember seeing some mention of it, but I don't think we currently
have an IEEE1275 binding describing the contents of the /xen node.
[...]

start-info is going away, which means we'll need to add more properties
to replace it... something like this:
        xen {
                name = "xen";
                version = "Xen-3.0-unstable";
Should we have a "compatible" that domain can compare against?

                reg = <0 @DOMAIN_ID@ 0 0>;

This could certainly be "domain-id" and be one cell.
I used "reg" because I mistakenly thought is was a mandatory property and we needed a "unit-id" which makes no sense as you point out below.
It is 2x2 cells because:
  /#address-cells: 2
  /#size-cells: 2

and they dictate the size of the unit-address.

                domain-name = "@DOMAIN_NAME@";
                shared = <@SHARED_INFO@>;
This, console and store, and all addresses should be expressed in bytes and are domain-physical not MFNs so we should label them correctly. They also need to match /#address-cells and should prolly have a size.

                privileged;
                init-domain;
                console {
                        name = "console";
                        interrupts = <@CONSOLE_EVTCHN@ 0>;
FYI, the second zero here denotes a sense code of 0 indicating positive edge triggered interrupt

                        frameno = <@CONSOLE_MFN@>;
Perhaps this should be a "unit address" and be a reg property, that actually makes sense.

                };
                store {
                        name = "store";
                        interrupts = <@STORE_EVTCHN@ 0>;
                        frameno = <@STORE_MFN@>;
this could be a "reg"/"unit address" as well.
                };
        };

What are all the extra 0s in there? Why do we want a reg property when
we can use separate explicitly-named properties?
see above.

-JX