I do not have specific plans.

I am working on something I am currently calling the Xen Loadable Module or
XLM. It is an Xenomai application that when loaded, turns the Linux kernel
into a Xen compatible hypervisor. For the rationale behind it see here:
http://www.openembedded.biz/content/view/36/27.

When it is ready, in 6 to 8 weeks, I am prepared to contribute it. It is a
significant work, but, is an Xenomai application, so I don't know if you
guys want it. It does fit with your goals with respect to industrial grade
Linux.

I think that XLM actually illustrates a key point that people forget when
they compare rt-preempt to Xenomai. I believe that in the industrial grade
Linux world, the ability to support multiple OS's is key, especially in
light of the emerging dual core CPU's. Due to ADEOS, Xenomai has the
infrastructure to support doing things like running eCos on one core and
Linux on the other, or eCos and Linux, side by side, on the same CPU. XLM is
designed to make this easy. Rt-preempt has no such capability.

I am not trying to discredit rt-preempt. It is a significant and useful
piece of work and contains some pretty smart coding. However, in my view,
rt-preempt is just part of the solution required for industrial grade linux.
Things like rt-preempt, Xenomai, and hopefully XLM will all be pieces of a
comprehensive industrial grade linux solution.

If XLM is not a suitable contribution to Xenomai, then, I can contribute
other ways such as other feature development or bug fixing. I would need
some direction from the leaders in order to contribute in that way.

Cheers,
   Chris.

Christopher Stone
Principal