Herman Bruyninckx wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Philippe Gerum wrote:
>
>> Herman Bruyninckx wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>

>>> Well, if this problem is solved, I'm very happy :-) And maybe I look
>>> at the
>>> wrong places, but where do I find a succint explanation of the solution?
>>>

>> Well, what's your question first? :o>
>>
> Sorry if that was not clear.
>
> The question is: how is the following problem solved? Where the problem is
> as follows: using Posix threads in realtime requires another library than
> the standard NPTL library that Linux uses (at least, I think you require
> another library), but how do you make sure to link to the correct library?
> Or is NPTL realtime safe?

Nope, that's why there is RT-NPTL. And that library is still in flux,
especially now with the ongoing work on PREEMPT_RT. Let's wait for the
result and see if it is feasible to reuse this userspace infrastructure.

For now, I'm convinced that it is much more comfortable for the user to
obtain kernel extension and userspace library from one hand with a clear
and consistent versioning.