Philippe Gerum wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 18:37 +0100, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
>> Philippe Gerum wrote:

>>> Mostly, yes. The patches are split by function, but this usually
>>> correlates with the noarch / arch-specific break down view too.

>>> http://download.gna.org/adeos/patches/v2.6/i386/split/

>>> Problem is that we would have to store a set of patches for each Adeos
>>> version/arch combo, instead of a single one. What advantage do you see
>>> in breaking the Adeos patches down for prepare-kernel.sh?
>> Maintenance issues for the noarch part, e.g., if you fix a bug in the
>> common part or add new features it's available for all arch.
>
> I think this should be easier once we have moved to git, pulling commits
> is made simple (yeah, I'm late on this too...)

Ah, I just read the keyword: git! ;)

Rough idea from my side on a potential organisation of the git trees:

 o A generic I-pipe core tree that primarily targets git head (i.e. 2.6)
 o One branch for git head, pulls both from Linus' tree and the I-pipe
   core
 o One tree for each major 2.6 version in maintenance mode, pulls from
   related stable branch and I-pipe core (when applicable)
 o Only if required: a generic I-pipe core tree for 2.4
 o One tree for 2.4 head to maintain x86
 o One tree for 2.4 ELDK to maintain PPC

Quite a lot trees... Do you this this may work?