Richard Cochran wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 01:22:08PM +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> To help debugging this, please run the kernel which crashes with I-pipe
>> enabled, without Xenomai, and the attached test, in order to see if the
>> tsc behaves correctly.
>
> Getting back to this, I did try the test program with ipipe 2.6.35 but
> without xenomai. It seems to run fine. But I only ran it for a few
> minutes.  The exact version was ipipe-2.6.35.9-arm-1.18-01 plus endian
> fix, and I attached the config.
>
> I enabled the *third* #if-elif-else case thinking it to be the correct
> one to test. (see below)
> (...)

Yes, that was the correct thing to do. I assumed that when you enabled
Xenomai, the system was running, and that it frozen when you started a
Xenomai application. Which is not your case at all.

> So, assuming I got that right, then the new tsc code passes the test.
> Next I'll try to get some better information about the freeze. Any
> other ideas?

We have only one commit to inspect, that should not be so hard. Next
thing to try is to see what changed in the other parts of this commit.
We should look at the interrupt handler, ipipe_mach_set_dec,
ipipe_mach_release_timer to see what change had such an effect. I will
try to reorder the functions to have a more readable diff. You can also
check if we pass the rthal_calibrate_timer function.

Regards.

--
                                                                Gilles.