On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 07:55:35AM +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> I also had a look at the culprit patch, reducing it to the bare minimum
> (no useless whitespace changes and no function moves), and it boils down
> to only two differences:
> 1- the fact that we use the "generic" clocksource created by
> ipipe_tsc_register, which probably has a shift of 25 or 26 bits instead
> of the 20 bits shift of the original clocksource, and returns a 64 bits
> value instead of 32 bits.
> 2- the fact that the tsc update is done with hardware irqs off in the
> original patch.

Thanks for looking into this for me. I tried the patch, but the
result is the same as before:

- Kernel freezes immediately if xenomai is not a module.

- If xenomai is a module, the nucleus loads, but the first skin module
  freezes the machine.

I will take a closer look next week to see if I can find out at least
where the freeze happens.

Thanks,

Richard