This patch adds a class driver for raw Ethernet drivers under
Xenomai. The goal is to support industrial protocols such as EtherCAT
and IEC 61850, where the "stack" is a user space program needing
direct access at the packet level. The class driver offers interfaces
for registration, buffer management, and packet sending/receiving.

Although this patch is a kind of first draft, still I have it working
on the Freescale P2020 with a real world application, with very good
results. I can post a patch series for the gianfar driver in the ipipe
tree, if anyone is interested.

The user space interface is a character device and not a socket, simply
because my applications will probably never need fancy socket
options. The class driver could surely be made to offer a socket
instead, but I think the character is sufficient.

The class driver is clearly in the wrong directory within the source
tree, but I put it there just to get started. It really does not fit
to any of the other drivers, so it probably would need its own place
under ksrc/drivers.

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Richard

Richard Cochran (1):
  Add a class driver for raw Ethernet packets.

 include/rtdm/rtpacket.h       |   99 ++++++++++++
 ksrc/drivers/testing/Kconfig  |    8 +
 ksrc/drivers/testing/Makefile |    3 +
 ksrc/drivers/testing/packet.c |  352 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 create mode 100644 include/rtdm/rtpacket.h
 create mode 100644 ksrc/drivers/testing/packet.c

--
1.7.2.5