> Kyle Howell wrote:
> > I'm running Xenomai 2.4.1 against Linux 2.6.23.12 on an
> x86_64 (Core2)
> > system. I'm finding that all of my CPU cycles are being accounted as
> > kernel time rather than user time. The correct processes are still
> > billed, but the system is always 0% user. I'm wondering if
> this problem
> > is specific to my setup, or if it is a real bug. Can anyone else out
> > there running x86_64 confirm or deny this behavior?
>
> That bug should have been fixed by [1]. Already updated your ipipe
> patch? This one [2] also includes your recently posted fix.

Thanks, Jan.

I'm basing off of ipipe-2.6.23-x86_64-1.4-01, which appears to include
that patch. I don't think I saw this problem back on 2.4-rc3, so I may
try rolling back some of the I-pipe patches since then. Also, I just
tried a kernel with CONFIG_IPIPE turned on but CONFIG_XENOMAI turned
off, and it didn't show this problem. I don't know if that casts doubt
on Xenomai itself, or if I just made the pipeline too simple.

Do you think any of your recent fixes against 2.6.24-x86 would be
related to this?

--
Kyle Howell