Jan Kiszka wrote:
>>> x86_64 (Core2)
>>> this problem
>>> That bug should have been fixed by [1]. Already updated your ipipe
>>> patch? This one [2] also includes your recently posted fix.
>> Thanks, Jan.
>>
>> I'm basing off of ipipe-2.6.23-x86_64-1.4-01, which appears to include
>> that patch. I don't think I saw this problem back on 2.4-rc3, so I may
>
> /me would be surprised if the issue was not present in that version or
> any earlier one.
>
>> try rolling back some of the I-pipe patches since then. Also, I just
>> tried a kernel with CONFIG_IPIPE turned on but CONFIG_XENOMAI turned
>> off, and it didn't show this problem. I don't know if that casts doubt
>> on Xenomai itself, or if I just made the pipeline too simple.
>>
>> Do you think any of your recent fixes against 2.6.24-x86 would be
>> related to this?
>
> Nope, they are not related. But you could try if 2.6.24 with the latest
> patch shows that effect, too. Maybe something slipped into the backport
> of the original fix for 2.6.24-rcX. I will check with 2.6.23 tomorrow at
> work and keep you posted.

I currently have my fingers on a box with 2.6.23.14 with Xenomai 2.4.1
and I-pipe 1.4-01 (all standard), but I'm not able to reproduce your
effect. Some simple shell loop nicely loads one CPU at 100%, and
/proc/stat looks like this:

cpu  38794 0 6325 411304 2882 0 3265 0
cpu0 34786 0 3094 189892 413 0 2716 0
cpu1 4007 0 3231 221411 2468 0 548 0