On 06/21/2012 10:14 PM, Remco den Breeje wrote:
Hi Gilles et.al.,

I'm interested in running a Xenomai patched system on a Raspberry Pi
computer[1] that compromises a ARM11 CPU (ARMv6 architecture). The Linux
kernels supported on the Raspberry are either Linux 3.1 or 3.2 [2,3], while
the most recent ARM ipipe patch is written for a 3.0 kernel. Looking at
your ipipe git[4], there hasn't been ARM related work for more recent
kernels.
What are the changes of a forward port, rebased on 3.1 or 3.2 kernels? Are
there underlying technical difficulties?

I'm aware that even if there was a>3.0 ARM patch available, the Raspberry
specific code needs to be ported. However, being a ARM-newby, porting board
specific code together with porting the ipipe code is one step too far ;)

http://git.denx.de/?p=ipipe-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/core-3.2

Many thanks,

Remco den Breeje

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi