On 06/21/2012 10:14 PM, Remco den Breeje wrote:
> Hi Gilles et.al.,
>
> I'm interested in running a Xenomai patched system on a Raspberry Pi
> computer[1] that compromises a ARM11 CPU (ARMv6 architecture). The Linux
> kernels supported on the Raspberry are either Linux 3.1 or 3.2 [2,3], while
> the most recent ARM ipipe patch is written for a 3.0 kernel. Looking at
> your ipipe git[4], there hasn't been ARM related work for more recent
> kernels.
> What are the changes of a forward port, rebased on 3.1 or 3.2 kernels? Are
> there underlying technical difficulties?
>
> I'm aware that even if there was a >3.0 ARM patch available, the Raspberry
> specific code needs to be ported. However, being a ARM-newby, porting board
> specific code together with porting the ipipe code is one step too far ;)

The ipipe branch core-3.2 supports kernel 3.2 on arm. Note however that
a lot of things have changed in this patch version, so the I-pipe
porting guide is completely helpless.

More generally, the git repository with the current work on the arm
architecture is:
http://git.xenomai.org/ipipe-gch.git

The branch for kernel x.y is for-ipipe-x.y-arm

--
                                                                Gilles.