On 01/14/2013 08:07 AM, Philippe Gerum wrote:
> On 01/14/2013 01:05 PM, Michael Haberler wrote:
>> Is there any chance somebody runs Xenomai AND RT_PREEMPT patches
>> applied? I heard a rumor but havent actually seen that
>
> Yes, this works. The current target is ppc 85xx, but I don't see any
>  showstopper for running such combo on other archs, provided the
> I-pipe patch is adapted to a -rt kernel. This requires Xenomai
> 2.6.1+, stock.

Comparing the xenomai-2.6.2 x86/patches directory and
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt, it appears there's a
common kernel version in 3.2.21.

I'm preparing RPM packages for 3.5 because I assume that's where most
development and bug fixing is going on, and because I hope the work will
be useful beyond the LinuxCNC community.  Unfortunately, RT_PREEMPT
seems to skip linux 3.5 entirely, jumping from 3.4 to 3.6.

        John