On 11/28/2013 02:31 PM, Bukuli Norbert wrote:
Hello!

I am having a little problem with some programs from the Xenomai test
suite. The clocktest, cyclictest and switchtest crashes with "Illegal
instruction":

~ # /usr/xenomai/bin/clocktest
== Tested clock: 0 (CLOCK_REALTIME)
CPU      ToD offset [us] ToD drift [us/s]      warps max delta [us]
--- -------------------- ---------------- ---------- --------------
   0                  0.0            0.000          0            0.0
Illegal instruction

Please make sure you are using a compiler for the 6xx processor family, for building the user-space programs for an icecube/lite52xx/tqm5200 board.

If the issue is still there, you should run the failing test over gdb, then paste the backtrace output ("bt" command) obtained after the fault to this list.

When I turn the debug.exception-trace kernel option on,
and run the clocktest, I have got the following kernel message:

clocktest[243]: unhandled signal 4 at 0fdf4e74 nip 0fdf4e74 lr 0ffd8af8
code 30001

gdb will give you the faulty location in symbolic form.

I have read in a previous messages on this list, that the
CONFIG_XENO_HW_UNLOCKED_SWITCH option should be turned off, but
unfortunately this did not help.

Unlocked switching is no more an issue with 3.8.13 and beyond.

--
Philippe.