On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 02:41:08PM +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> [...]
>
> Ok, I know.
>
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/cmd_bits
> > > N:
> > > N:    This package provides an ELF binary that lacks the "read-only
> > > N:    relocation" link flag. This package was likely not built with the
> > > N:    default Debian compiler flags defined by dpkg-buildflags. If built
> > > using N:    dpkg-buildflags directly, be sure to import LDFLAGS.
> > > N:
> > > N:    Refer to https://wiki.debian.org/Hardening for details.
> > > N:
> > > N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: certain
> > > N:
> > > N:    Check: binaries, Type: binary, udeb
> > > N:
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/cmd_read
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/cmd_write
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/insn_bits
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/insn_read
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/insn_write
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/rtcanrecv
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/rtcansend
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/wf_generate
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> > > gnu/xenomai/regression/native+posix/mq_select
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> > > gnu/xenomai/regression/native/heap
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> > > gnu/xenomai/regression/native/leaks
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> > > gnu/xenomai/regression/native/sigdebug
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> > > gnu/xenomai/regression/native/tsc
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> > > gnu/xenomai/regression/posix/leaks
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> > > gnu/xenomai/regression/posix/mprotect
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> > > gnu/xenomai/regression/posix/nano_test
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> > > gnu/xenomai/regression/posix/shm
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> > > gnu/xenomai/regression/posix/test_pip_exit
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
> > > gnu/xenomai/regression/posix/xddp_test
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/sbin/analogy_config
> > > W: xenomai-system-tools: hardening-no-relro usr/sbin/rtcanconfig
> > >

> > Please provide the patch to the debian/rules to apply this change. I
> > do not think we did anything special to avoid using the default flags.
>

> my configure line says:
>
> CONFIG_OPTS += --prefix=/usr \
>                     --includedir=/usr/include/xenomai \
>                     --mandir=/usr/share/man \
>                     --with-testdir=/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/xenomai \
>                     --enable-fortify \
>                     --libdir='$${prefix}/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/'

What specific arch params? Last time I checked in the in-tree
debian/rules, these arch params were obsolete, so, I removed them
all.

> I have tested it with --enable-fortify and
> without.

--enable-fortify, as documented, allows applications built for the
POSIX skin with the fortify define (_FORTIFY_SOURCE), to correctly
link with Xenomai libraries (IOW, it provides implementation of
__wrap_printf_chk and the like). It has no influence on building
Xenomai with that flag.

> I have also:
> DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS=hardening=+all,-pie
>
> following
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Hardening
>
> any help in this stuff will help.

The in-tree debian/rules exports the variable DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1
to build the package with hardening. At the time I read the wiki,
this was one recommended way, supposing that the wiki was up to date
when I read it. I am afraid I can you help more on this, this looks
like a debian specific problem.

--
                                            Gilles.