El Dijous, 25 de juny de 2015, a les 16:06:41, Gilles Chanteperdrix va
escriure:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 03:56:49PM +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > El Dijous, 25 de juny de 2015, a les 14:54:14, Gilles Chanteperdrix va
> >
> > escriure:

> > Gilles,
> >
> > I have dropped /dev from libxenomai. Could be problematic?
>
> How should I know, I never did that. I would think not since the
> udev rules should create the nodes, but you have to check.

My tests have reported that nothing have happened, so I guess that nothing.

> > [...]
> > >
> > > What specific arch params? Last time I checked in the in-tree
> > > debian/rules, these arch params were obsolete, so, I removed them
> > > all.
> >
> > ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH), i386)
> >
> >         CONFIG_OPTS = \
> >
> >                     --enable-x86-tsc
> >
> > endif
> > ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH), amd64)
> >
> >         CONFIG_OPTS = \
> >
> >                     --enable-x86-tsc \
> >                     --enable-x86-sep
> >
> > endif
> > ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH), powerpc)
> >
> >         CONFIG_OPTS =
> >
> > endif
> > ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH), armeb)
> >
> >         CONFIG_OPTS = --enable-arm-mach=generic --enable-arm-eabi
> >
> > endif
> > ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH), armel)
> >
> >         CONFIG_OPTS = --enable-arm-mach=generic --enable-arm-eabi
> >
> > endif
> > ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH), arm)
> >
> >         CONFIG_OPTS = --enable-arm-mach=generic
> >
> > endif
>
> ARM options are obsolete (and cause configure to emit a warning
> BTW), x86 are not, but are useless since these options have been the
> default for a long time.

Ok, so, may I drop the defaults options to: arm, armel, armeb, i386 amd amd64?

Or, better, may I drop all?

> > > --enable-fortify, as documented, allows applications built for the
> > > POSIX skin with the fortify define (_FORTIFY_SOURCE), to correctly
> > > link with Xenomai libraries (IOW, it provides implementation of
> > > __wrap_printf_chk and the like). It has no influence on building
> > > Xenomai with that flag.

> > > The in-tree debian/rules exports the variable DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1
> > > to build the package with hardening. At the time I read the wiki,
> > > this was one recommended way, supposing that the wiki was up to date
> > > when I read it. I am afraid I can you help more on this, this looks
> > > like a debian specific problem.
> >
> > Ok,
> >
> > the other people have the same issue?
>
> What debian defines as "hardening" is debian-specific, so, I do not
> know whether all of these options work. Someone has to check, and
> you are the best person for the job.

Ok, I will investigate.

Thanks for all,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia