From: Xenomai [mailto:xenomai-boun...@xenomai.org] On Behalf Of George Broz
Sent: יום ג 23 אוגוסט 2016 04:35
To: Lowell Gilbert <klu...@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc: xenomai@xenomai.org
Subject: Re: [Xenomai] slackspot

> Lowell Gilbert <klu...@be-well.ilk.org> writes:

>>> I can. It took me a little longer than I figured because I had
>>> accidentally deleted the MODULE_LICENSE. Is it possible to get the
>>> kernel makefiles to tell you *why* it isn't linking in libraries you
>>> asked for?
>>
>>>  http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/example.tar
>>> It's about a hundred lines each for the application and kernel module.
>>
>> Has anyone tried this out? My real application is meeting its latency
>> requirements, but I'm pretty sure it's having more of an impact on
>> the rest of the system than it needs to do.
>
> I've tried changing the event to a semaphore, and changing the "read"
> ioctl to a device read, and I'm still seeing huge numbers of state switches.

Hi Lowell,

Did you ever figure out how to get slackspot working? I'm experiencing the same
issue - debug/relax is empty but the MSW counter is regularly incrementing for
my Xenomai application. Using 3.0.2 on ARM. Enabled XENO_.._TRACE_RELAX in the
kernel and set PTHREAD_WARNSW on the task. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
--George