Le 26/01/2017 à 11:12, Lassi Niemistö a écrit :
Is it possible to access same shared memory heaps , between 32 and 64 bits
processes ?
In regular linux I faced the wall when trying to protect the usage of the
shared memory area by (pthread iirc) mutex/semaphore - those structures had
differences between 32/64bit platforms. I don't know if situation is same in
Xenomai but pay attention also to what you are going to put in the shared
memory.

-Lassi

I have now the answer regarding xenomai shared heaps between 32 and 64 bits processes , here is the status, if you use the latest next xenomai branch.
within a system running 64 bits xenomai kernel, you can :
* use shared heap areas with 32 bits xenomai processes
* use shared heap areas with 64 bits xenomai processes
* you can not use shared heap areas between 32 and 64 bits xenomai processes. Each area (32/64) are insulated, this incompatibility issue comes mainly from usage of size_t type in the xenomai heap library which are different between 32 and 64 bits systems.
and maybe more other reasons ...

So, this is good to know that incompatibility , you can not mix both kind of processes in xenomai.

Regards,
S.Ancelot