> On 03 Nov 2017, at 19:16, Danrae Pray <danrae.p...@metecs.com> wrote:
>
> Ok great - my followup question then is, if the COBALT kernel is itself a
> modified linux kernel and it's the COBALT kernel that's patched with ipipe
> (no patch is applied to the host kernel), how do POSIX API calls in
> user-space code get mapped to the appropriate system call in the COBALT
> kernel instead of the host linux kernel (in my case Ubuntu distro kernel)?
> Does this magic happen at compile-time for the xenomai applications?

Yes. The magic is called symbol wrapping.
See “—wrap” documentation of your linker (e.g.
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/Manuals/ld-2.9.1/html_node/ld_3.html
<ftp://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/Manuals/ld-2.9.1/html_node/ld_3.html>).

When you use the xeno-config tool during compilation, it will set up
the required flags.

BR
Christoph