On 11/24/2017 11:34 AM, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> Hi (again)
>
> running cross-link I got that:
>
>>> with my user
>>>
>>> ./cross-link
>>> mem=0x7f0d630488e0, alloc_size=8192
>>> Init memory pool returns 1808 bytes
>>> Running after ...
>>> sysregd:
>>> create_directory_recursive("/var/run/xenomai/leopold.palomo/anon@19479"):
>>> Permission denied

> the permissions are:
> $ ls -la /var/run/xenomai/
> total 0
> drwxr-xr-x  3 root root  60 nov 23 16:03 .
> drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 860 nov 24 11:12 ..
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  40 nov 24 11:12 root
>
> so, IMHO this folder should belongs to xenomai group and permisions g+rw.
> Right?

There is no such official "Xenomai" group, I mean this is only a
template in some rule file to illustrate the fact that one could
actually assign rt privileges to a user group, instead of running apps
as a sudoer. That could be any group you are willing to mention in the
xenomai.allowed_group kernel parameter on the kernel command line, or no
group at all. This is a matter of local installation.

> Changing the permissions manually solved it. It's something about the
> packaging
> or the library?

This is not a library issue.

>>> leopold.palomo@bmm3 ~/xenomai/xenomai-3.0.6/system/demo$ sudo ./cross-link
>>> mem=0x7fc9e73f88e0, alloc_size=8192
>>> Init memory pool returns 1808 bytes
>>> Running after ...
>>> mem=0x7f2e146318e0, alloc_size=8192
>>> Init memory pool returns 1808 bytes
>>> Running after ...
>>> main : can't open /dev/rtdm/rtser0 (write), No such file or directory
>

>> Not being able to open rtser0 is yet another kind of problem: the uart
>> driver is not up and running, so the devices were not created. crosslink
>> definitely needs such driver.
>
> Yes, I don't have rtser0 entry in /dev/rtdm/. Who does create it?

Any RTDM driver from kernel/drivers/serial, depending on your platform.

> Also, /dev/cpu_dma_latency should not belongs to xenomai group?

This is not a Xenomai resource, this one is created by the regular
kernel. Assuming you refer to cyclictest, I don't think this code can
run without root privileges. cyclictest is actually one of the official
test from the preempt-rt testsuite, which also builds and runs over Cobalt.

--
Philippe.