I think you'll need to download and build the source.  Go to
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/download.cgi and click the mirror link in
the second paragraph.  (You can select another mirror farther down the
page.)  You'll probably want xerces-c-src_2_6_0.tar.gz.  Then go back to
the Xerces download page and follow the directions under "Verify the
integrity of the files."

Assuming everything checks out, you can proceed to building
(http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/build-winunix.html#UNIX).  I'm not a Mac
developer, but I know people have been through the process, because
there have been mailing list messages (search the mail archives for
"macintosh") and bug reports on the subject.

I hope that helps!