Jason,

Thanks for confirming the inevitable ;) I know we all look forward to details on how you think we should make this happen.

James.

On Feb 16, 2005, at 9:05 PM, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

James Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Guidelines from apache are here:
http://www.apache.org/dev/cvs2svn.html. Note that there's a
recommended layout for svn repositories (tags, branches, trunk) in the
subversion book:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch04s07.html#svn-ch-4-sect-7.1. Part
of this job is to specify a mapping between our current cvs
repository, and our new layout within svn, as illustrated here:
http://www.apache.org/dev/cvs2svn.html#sample.
Who can volunteer for this job?
(Jason Stewart writes:
If I can be of help here, let me know and I will do what I can.
;) Hint, hint... ;)
Hah! Had to go and make it public!
Ok. I've just moved a medium sized repository from CVS to SVN this
week and learned a few things. Let me investigate this today, and I'll
write up a proposal tomorrow.
We'll need to specify a CVS freeze date after which time no new
commits are made to CVS. So that means that anyone out there who has
pending work needs to get it all checked in *before* the repository is
moved to SVN.
Then I will convert the CVS repos to SVN and install and test it.
Then people need to check out from SVN and continue working.
Does this seem OK, or have I missed something important?
Cheers,
jas.