Hello Everyone,

Without getting into Xerces for the moment, let me first explain what I
want to achieve.

I have a need to generate XML documents in compliance with an already
established XML schema. I considered that one way would be to use some
XML data binding utilities i.e. a source generator to create source code
from the XML schema and then build an application around this in order
to load run-time data into the software objects and finally
serialize/marshal these objects to XML files. This is how the
Castor/Java utility works, of which I have some experience. However, I
need to do this on a HP-UX platform without the JRE, but with lots of
C++ support, so I began looking at other alternatives and this is where
I came across the Xerces C++ parser, but I note that this has not got
the same data binding functionality.

I have downloaded the Xerces C++ code and successfully compiled the
libraries, but what now? How do I create my schema compliant XML files?

I realize that I can use something similar to the DOMPrint sample for
serializing the DOM tree (schema compliant) but this example uses an
existing XML file and I need to create my XML doc at runtime (well at
least load the data therein at runtime).

I thought about loading a schema compliant XML stub i.e. an 'empty' XML
file and then extend it with my run time data ,but I am not sure how I
might achieve this using the Xerces parser?

Alternatively, I noted that XML Spy Enterprise 2005 supports Xerces C++
in its code generator but I am unsure how this interfaces with the
Xerces parser and besides this is a expensive route as XML Spy is
commercial software.

That is as far as my thinking has gone, so any ideas/thoughts out there
will be gratefully received.

Regards
Philip