This seems to be a universal problem:  Schemas that include other schemas
have problems validating components that are part of the included subset.

I'm going to log a bug with my stuff -- hopefully other people will add to
the report with "here's my problem, too" stuff.

                                               To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      "Glenn Barnard"          cc:       (bcc: Constantine
Georges/Towers Perrin)
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  Caching Schemas

                      mail.com>

                      04/21/2003 01:11

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      xerces-j-user

This feature works well when schemas and sub-schemas are on disk. However,
our application calls for loading schemas and sub-schemas from an XML/RPC
server, meaning that the schemas reach the client as text.

In my initial test, I have a master schema and one sub-schema. If I load
the
master (top level) schema first, XERCES complains it can't find the
included
sub-schema. If I load the sub-schema first, I find that the master schema
is
not loaded.

Please note that the sub-schema does not have a TargetNameSpace, but the
master does. This appears to be relevant, because in tracing the code,
XSGrammarBucket's getGrammar() returns fNoNSGrammar for the master schema.