Hi Venu, Andrew and all,

Just to confirm Venu's impression:  this bug has been fixed in CVS, but did
exist in 2.4.0.  We became aware of it just after 2.4.0 had been released,
unfortunately.

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

|         |           "K. Venugopal"   |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           com>             |
|         |           04/29/2003 07:25 |
|         |           xerces-j-user    |

  |       To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                     |
  |       cc:
                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: XMLGrammarBuilder NullPointerException

Hi Andy ,

I am not getting null pointer exception with latest code in CVS. It
seems problem is fixed .

Regards
venu

Andrew Fleet wrote:

>Hi,
>  this may be a simple usage issue, but I'm trying to use
XMLGrammarBuilder
>for validation of an instance document against a schema. I'm using the
>following
>command;
>
>java xni.XMLGrammarBuilder -a name.xsd -i name.xml
>
>and get,
>
>C:\XMLSchema>java xni.XMLGrammarBuilder -a name.xsd -i name.xml
>java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
>org.apache.xerces.parsers.IntegratedParserConfiguration.configurePipe
>line(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.reset(Unknown
Source)