On 06/01/2010 09:22 PM, John Was wrote:
Hello Pablo
[...]

So the lines to paste in before a Greek passage (to see if they would
work) are:

\font \myfont =
"MinionPro-Regular:+onum:mapping=tex-text:letterspace=12" at 12pt
\tolerance 500
\myfont
\uselanguage{ancientgreek}

That should give you quite generously letterspaced Greek, with correct
hyphenation. (If these commands need to be modified for use in a LaTeX
environment, I'm sure someone else on this list will leap in. I *hope*
it's not the case that if you are using fontspec and/or polyglossia you
are then precluded from using the more primitive commands and macros
that come bundled with (Xe)Tex.)

Hi John,

I have tried your proposal, but I'm afraid it didn't work well. I mean, it found another hyphenation point, but line breaking was also wrong.

I have just accidentally discovered that letterspacing is problematic in standard TeX as described in http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb29-1/tb91thanh-fonts.pdf.

It might be that soul is a better option with XeTeX.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo