On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 15:53, Gareth Hughes wrote:
> If the rules are
> that hyphenation can occur anywhere, I'm sure this would be fairly
> easily to implement.

I agree. We could add new hyphenation patterns simply listing

\patterns{
   <for $x in list_of_syllables>
       $x2
}

>From http://www.ancientscripts.com/ethiopic.html I read: Each sign is
a syllable (consonant plus vowel), except any sign on the sixth column
(ə) represents either the consonant plus the middle central vowel /ə/
or no vowel at all (in which case it is used as a pure consonant in a
consonant cluster).

This makes it only slightly more complicated, but not that much.

But in any case we need someone who would be willing to test (extensively).

Mojca