Meho R. wrote:

You're right about memoir, I got the same result as you did. After playing a little bit, I redefined separately footnote mark in text and footnote mark in footnotes and it seems that this code is working fine with memoir too

Indeed, it works. But why is there an \mbox in the first \renewcommand and a \setlength with \noindent in the second \renewcommand?

If I simplify them both (throwing caution to the wind) and have

\makeatletter

\renewcomman...@makefnmark}{%
\textsuperscript{\fnmarkfo...@thefnmark}}

\renewcomma...@makefntext[1]{%
\makebox[1.8em][r]{\textsuperscript{\fnmarkfo...@thefnmark}}{#1}}

\makeatother

It seems to get the same result. Do you know if this will result in other undesired effects?

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery