On 2/15/2012 5:25 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
Am 15.2.2012 um 19:37 schrieb maxwell:
Thanks--there's another program that gives this kind of info, and more,
but I can't remember its name.
        otfinfo -s /Library/Fonts/Extrafonts/ScheherazadeRegOT.ttf

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Now I'm trying to find out why that doesn't show up in `apropos`... But that's not a question for this forum.

I wish fc-list were better documented...

I think it is – there are HTML and PDF multi-page documents:

   /usr/local/share/doc/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html
   /usr/local/share/doc/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.pdf
   /usr/local/share/doc/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.txt

And thanks for that too--I found it on the web, once you told me what to look for.
--
        Mike Maxwell
        maxw...@umiacs.umd.edu