On Aug 25, 2013, at 7:42 AM, Arash Zeini <arash.ze...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since the upgrade to TeX Live 2013, the arcs package behaves strangely. It
> draws the desired arc under the respective characters, but a string like
> "5.0pt" will always precede the characters with the arc. Has anyone else
> noticed this problem?
>
> I have tried this MWE with two different fonts on two computers running
> Debian unstable and a "vanilla" TL 2013:
>
> \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
>
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
>
> \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Junicode}
> \usepackage{arcs}
>
> \begin{document}
> An underarc: \underarc{ab}. And now an overarc: \overarc{ab}.
>
> \end{document}
>
> Best wishes,
> Arash

The arcs package depends on the relsize package which did change a few months
ago in a way that requires a small change in the arcs package. You need to add
the line (just after \RequirePackage{relsize} is a good place}

\long\def \@gobblethree #1#2#3{}

and then change the line

\let \rs@size@warning = \@gobbletwo

\let \rs@size@warning = \@gobblethree

because, in relsize.sty, the macro \rs@size@warning is now defined to have
three arguments, the last of which (6.0pt) was being left as printable text.
This problem is a LaTeX issue and has nothing particular to XeTeX.

Michael