> I am sure I don't understand you. You seem to be asking how to do
> 800cpi, yet you have it above....
I just wanted to say my mouse is capable of 800cpi. But on reboot the mouse is reset
to 400cpi. That means the resolution has to be set to 800cpi on each single reboot.
What is the best way to do this?
Or: Why is the default value 400 and not 800cpi? Is there a way to change it?

> > The cursor is moving smoothly if the priority is changed: "renice -10
> > pid_of_XFree". But I have to do it after each reboot. Where can I change
> > the default priority of X?
> Modify the startx script?
X starts on my box during bootup. And KDM is used. Would
":0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 vt07
  /usr/bin/renice -10  /bin/pidof /usr/X11R6/bin/X" in
"/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/Xservers work?
Isn't there a place where I can change the default priority of X or any other process?

Thank you for the help.